If you remember me you might wonder where I went.
I haven't been hiding under a rock...
I didn't move back to Cuba...
I did not fall off the planet.
Still my life has been greatly shaken in the past few months.
Long story short
- I got pregnant after trying for only 5 years.
- Since we tried for so long I didn't realize I was pregnant and thought I was sick and dying.
- Finally believed that I was at 2 months.
- I started cooking.
- Had a baby prematurely at 6 months! It's a girl!
- She's been in the hospital for 6 weeks and 5 days.
- She might come home in 4 weeks.
Now even though I haven't been blogging I've been doing other things:
- Reading a lot about pregnancy and premature babies.
- Making baby clothes.
- Finding patterns.
- Writing poems, mostly for my little darling.
- I almost moved to the hospital.
- Pumping milk and pumping milk and pumping some more!
Do I have things to share on my blog? Yes!
- Gorgeous handmade blankets, some of which came all the way from Cuba!
- Baby clothes.
- A pregnant paper doll and a baby paper doll! Been drawing baby clothes like a mad woman!
- Drawings of course.
- Preemie patterns.
- Lots of poems.
There's only one thing I don't have yet and that is pictures. I will make time for that.
You will love my crochet booties with ribbon flowers!
Don't worry, I am not going to write about how my daughter is the most gorgeous little girl in the world.
Even though she might be!
Here is a poem I wrote for my angel.
LETTER TO SANTA CLAUS
Santa Claus of long grey beard,
Never did I ask for gifts
But this Christmas with much hope
I expect a little thing.
I don't play games or want toys.
I don't need friends or a pet.
For a gift I want an angel
And please I want her to stay.
My angel is six weeks old.
Daughter of friendship and love
But like angels who come early
At the hospital she stayed.
I want her at home for Christmas,
Cookies I'll leave out for you
And come next year, I promise
I'll play to be Santa Claus!
Anybody else thinking of Christmas?